For those of you who don’t follow food blogs as much as my roommate Hannah, you might be surprised to find out that Peanut Butter Cookie Day has come and gone. But never fear because peanut butter cookies can be enjoyed at all times of year. We would know, they make a regular appearance in our kitchen.
In honor of the glorious day we baked three kinds of peanut butter cookies. 1. Traditional peanut butter cookies from a stale bag mix 2. Half of the stale bag mix with banana (this became cookie pie) 3. Three ingredient peanut butter cookies. Naturally all recipes include Hershey Kiss toppings.
1. Traditional peanut butter cookie mix: not much to say, hard to mess it up. The mix we had tasted pretty stale though so it in turn made the cookies taste a little stale. I ended up separating the batter and adding a banana to half the mix to make this…
3. Three ingredient peanut butter cookies: A classic that pretty much anyone can make as long as you have peanut butter, sugar and an egg. The problem with this recipe was that our cookies turned a little mushy. I blamed our healthy peanut butter choice (it was what we had in the house). Even after putting the cookies in the freezer to set they still fell apart easily and were chewy. None the less, very tasty.
In our taste test though the Banana Peanut Butter Cookie Pie was the peanut butter cookie winner.
If you’d like to make any of these recipes on your own here are two simple recipes (remember for the stir in a banana until it has completely whipped into the batter.
Traditional peanut butter cookies:
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3 ingredient peanut butter cookies:
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg